Conor joined the firm in January 2017 and is known within the local community for having an expertise in complex land and agricultural disputes with clients being referred directly to Conor for advice on agricultural law issues, boundary disputes, land ownership disputes and easement/right of way disagreements or queries.
Conor is also a duty solicitor and is highly sought after to represent clients in Criminal proceedings or interviews under caution. He accepts instructions from both publicly funded clients and those who are privately paying. His competence, expert knowledge of the law and advocacy skills coupled with his sensitive client care skills mean that clients who are at their most vulnerable are well represented when they instruct Conor.
Conor has a wide ranging and well-established practice and can assist you in the following areas:
- Land disputes including ownership concerns and easement queries
- Agricultural law
- Criminal litigation
- Military law
- Landlord and Tennant disputes
- Civil litigation including contract disputes and business to business disagreements
- Residential and Commercial Conveyancing
- Employment law and settlement agreements
- Contested probate
Notable criminal law work:
- Conor is a qualified police station representative and can represent you whether you have been arrested or have been asked to attend your local Police Station as a volunteer.
- Additionally, if you have an ongoing criminal matter and you want to talk to an experienced and qualified solicitor, please contact Conor.
- Conor undertakes representation of clients in the Magistrates and Youth Courts both on a private and public funding basis.
- He has particular experience representing those who are vulnerable or suffer from mental health complaints or learning disabilities.
- Conor qualified as a Duty Solicitor in June 2019 and Practices in South Durham, Darlington and North Yorkshire.
Notable military law work:
- Conor represents service personnel from the Army and RAF who are stationed all over the UK.
- He can represent you if you have been arrested or are asked to attend the RMP, RAF or SIB station as a volunteer.
- Even if your civilian address is some distance from your service address, Conor can still represent you.
- Conor has travelled to Cyprus, Kenya and Estonia on numerous occasions to represent service personnel during interviews under caution. He is, up to this point, the only lawyer acting under English and Welsh law to represent clients in Estonia while on active military operation with NATO.
Notable conveyancing work:
- Conor can represent you if you are purchasing, selling or transferring the equity in your property. This experience relates to both residential and commercial transactions.
He can represent you in high value possession proceedings which involve releasing land from charges, redrawing title boundaries and securing titles being split and registered under their own titles.
- Conor has experience dealing with applications for Adverse Possession of land
- He has experience dealing with both commercial and private mortgages
Notable civil litigation work:
- If you have been involved in an accident, be it on the road, while in public, or whilst at work, Conor is able to give you advice on a potential claim for damages.
- Conor can represent you during contractual disputes including those involving consumer rights.
- If you are a business owner and find yourself in dispute with another business then Conor can assist you.
Notable employment work:
- If you have a question about your employment status or feel that you have been unfairly treated by your employer, Conor can give you comprehensive employment lay advice.
- If your current period of employment is coming to an end, Conor can provide you with advice on Settlement Agreements.
- Conor can act on behalf of employers drafting contract of employment or settlement agreements.